Owning and curating an art collection is a substantial—and highly personal—investment. Our experienced team of art law lawyers is strongly rooted in the arts community and uniquely qualified to handle your art-related issues and disputes.
Our attorneys offer strategic counsel to art collectors and their heirs, donors, family groups, charitable foundations and non-profit organizations. The value and position of your collections is enhanced through a variety of services designed to protect and advance long-term personal and charitable interests and goals.
We work with a variety of art industry experts and specialists to expand the comprehensive, objective and confidential advice we are able to offer you.
Our services include:
Services for Collectors:
- Positioning a collection: Provenance, cataloging, exhibiting and publishing
- Succession matters: Family considerations, tax-efficient planning and legacy planning
- Disposition issues: Loaning, selling, donating and gifting
- Charitable foundation planning: Strategic opportunities for family foundations and private museums
In addition, we work with art collectors and their heirs, family groups, advisors, dealers, curators and non-profit organizations, providing a vast array of services which include:
Services for Collection Management:
- Tax and philanthropic estate planning
- Trust and charitable and family foundation planning
- Disposition services, including museum and non-profit gifts and donations, auction houses, private dealers, galleries and private sales
- Protection of a collection’s value by addressing issues of provenance, title, and authenticity
- Confidential philanthropic advocacy
- Non-profit relationship management with local and worldwide museums and institutions
- Full collaboration with existing art advisors, financial and tax specialists, accountants, attorneys, brokers and dealers
- Philanthropic PR services, including the protection of client and family privacy, enhancement of a collection’s profile and multi-generational legacy strategy and planning