The attorney will support a group of partners in HMB’s Private Client, Trusts and Estates Group, with a focus on working with high net-worth clients and the administration of complex estates. Experience with tax planning and business succession is important. Successful candidate will be flexible self-starter who would enjoy being part of our collaborative team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and drafting of their estate plans
- Consult with and advise fiduciaries in probate and trust administration
- Work with clients in connection with contested trust and tax matters, prepare and review estate and gift tax returns (including complex reporting and valuation issues)
- Assist clients in the establishment of private foundations and other charitable vehicles.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and articulate legal strategies and courses of action
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Identifying and efficiently addressing client needs
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctor degree; licensed to practice law in IL
- 3+ years of law firm experience
- Values a culture of collaboration and is committed to working in a team environment to foster and expand existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills; enjoys working with and interacting with people; professional demeanor with the ability to interact with clients in a mature and friendly manner; comfortable conversing with C-level executives
- Highly motivated and eager for client-facing opportunities and growing long-term client relationships
- Demonstrates a strong desire to contribute to the firm’s success.
- Flexible to change work priorities and direction based on fast-paced, ever changing client needs
Individuals in this position must possess the physical and sensory ability necessary to safely and successfully perform all essential job functions and responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the position and the level of work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.