Aaron L. Hammer joins an esteemed panel for an exciting discussion, hosted by S&P Global. Watch the webinar on-demand here.
1:00 – 2:00 PM EDT
U.S. corporate bankruptcy filings with over $1 billion in liabilities reached a 7-year low in 2021, and the market saw record-setting M&A levels, making for a rosy and optimistic 2022 outlook. However, since early February, markets have become much more volatile. Inflation and interest rates have risen, and many other global factors, such as the Russia-Ukraine conflict, pandemic, supply chain issues and labor shortages, remain tenuous.
Aaron and his co-speakers will dive deeper to refresh the bankruptcy outlook and examine:
- Shifts in the past 24 months of bankruptcy data
- Rising default risk across sectors
- Probability of default analysis and red flags
- The correlation between interest rates and corporate defaults
- Emerging distressed asset trends
The webinar panel includes Aaron L. Hammer, HMB’s Chair of Bankruptcy, Akshay Chothani of Credit S&P Global Market Intelligence, Scott Y. Stuart of Turnaround Management Association and Robert M. Hirsh of Lowenstein Sandler LLP.