“A successful litigation strategy starts with a comprehensive understanding of your goals. A successful attorney creates a proactive strategy to match your goals and communicate along the way, so you can focus on what matters to you.”
Scott is a member of HMB’s Litigation Group and focuses his practice on commercial litigation matters and real estate disputes.
Representing clients in both state and federal courts, as well as before arbitration tribunals, Scott partners with closely held businesses and their owners to provide strategic guidance and legal counsel on their most pressing litigation and pre-litigation needs.
Scott helps clients navigate the complexity of bringing and defending claims and has extensive experience litigating breach of contract claims, partnership and shareholder disputes and employment law disputes. He also has significant experience with a wide range of real estate matters including litigating commercial landlord-tenant lawsuits and civil claims brought by local municipalities based on purported breaches of municipal codes.
Goal-Oriented Strategy and Communication
Clients appreciate Scott’s drive to assimilate their goals and develop a proactive strategy that allows them to focus on their business while he focuses on the litigation. They value his effective communication style that keeps them informed through every step of the litigation process.
- Obtained, through mediation, a seven-figure buyout for client who was a member of a closely held family business
- Settled a class-action claim brought under the Biometric Information Privacy Act relating to biometric timeclocks utilized by a business at several of its manufacturing plants
- Represented a court-appointed trustee over a nightclub business which was involved in a disputes amongst its members
- Successfully settled a claim brought by the City of Chicago regarding use of age verification software involving the purported sale of e-cigarette products over the internet
- Represented a sub-contractor in a large mechanic’s lien claim involving the construction of a movie theater on the north side of Chicago
- IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, magna cum laude
- Indiana University, B.A. in United States History
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers