“A great day is when I have to the opportunity to tackle a new and challenging legal issue, but I also have the chance to work hand-in-hand with the client to craft a creative approach to solving it.”
Ricki is a member of HMB’s Business and Finance Group and provides general counsel and transactional advice to numerous business entities, including privately-held businesses and banks.
Ricki practices in all areas of corporate law, including M&A, commercial contracting, corporate governance, financing arrangements and general corporate matters. Her clients include complex businesses in a variety of industries, including financial services, information technology, manufacturing, healthcare and real estate.
Business-Minded Advice, Creative Solutions
Clients know Ricki for her practical, business-minded advice. But they also know her for her creativity—understanding every business and legal situation requires its own unique solution.
- Negotiates and executes complex business transactions, including strategic mergers and acquisitions, venture capital deals, early-stage start-up investments and commercial finance transactions
- Drafts various commercial agreements for clients in the information technology, healthcare, pharmaceutical, financial and manufacturing sectors, including supply, distribution, customer, development and service agreements
- Advises clients on general corporate and organizational matters, regulatory compliance, internal governance, internal restructuring and business contracting
- Counsels clients on employee related matters, including employment and contractor arrangements, restrictive covenants and equity incentive plans and draft related agreements and documentation
- Revises client policies and procedures and works with clients to ensure compliance with regulatory updates in certain highly regulated areas, including telemarketing, telemedicine and payment processing procedures
Northwestern University, B.S. Social Policy, Cum Laude
Northwestern Law School, J.D., Cum Laude