We know most of our clients and friends have seen significant changes to their daily lives. HMB's SALT team has been working around the clock to provide excellent service to our clients and we're really excited to offer a new series of "Work From Home" webinars. Please join us every Wednesday at 12:30PM Central Time. Below is a list of upcoming topics and links to register as well as previous webinars you can request to watch.
- State Taxation of Digital Goods and Services in 2020 - Register Here
- Wednesday, May 20, at 12:30 CT - Presented by Chris T. Lutz and Samantha K. Breslow
- Recent state cases like Ex Parte Russell County Community Hospital and Citrix Systems are just the tip of the iceberg as states audit taxpayers in a digital economy. Chris and Samantha will provide an update on recent cases and legislation in this area and, more importantly, will describe their experiences with taxpayers as they attempt to comply with evolving state tax rules.
- Virtual Resolutions - Register Here
- Wednesday, May 27, at 12:30 CT - Presented by Breen M. Schiller and Marilyn A. Wethekam
- While most of the Country is still manning the trenches from home, this presentation will explore how to navigate both state audits and the resolution of tax controversies all while working from home. We will identify common best practices in developing, tracking and maintaining your case budget and adjustments that may need to be made taking into account the challenges of working remote, recognize the challenges that are common to occur and how to communicate effectively both externally and internally; and evaluate alternative methods of resolution to litigation.
- Navigating State & Local Tax Assets in Difficult Times - Register Here
- Wednesday, June 10, at 12:30 CT - Presented by Chris T. Lutz and Jordan M. Goodman
- As economic growth slows, companies will often look to their tax departments to ensure they are on top of all cost saving measures available. Chris and Jordan will discuss state income tax net operating loss carrybacks, credits, and other available tax assets that can often be complicated or uncommon. They will also discuss navigating refund claims and provide practical insights on the best way to obtain relief from states.
- Apportion of Our Thoughts: Where are we and Where are we Going in Apportionment of State Income?
- Wednesday, May 13, at 12:30 CT - Presented by Breen M. Schiller and Chris T. Lutz
- States continue to transition to market based sourcing and combined reporting. Notwithstanding that trend, uniformity among the states remains elusive. We will delve into recent state legislation, regulatory changes, and cases that are shaping the frontier of apportionment of state income.
- Coast to Coast State & Local Tax Cases
- Internet Tax Freedom Act: Protector from the Taxman?
- Wednesday, April 29, at 12:30 CST - Presented by David A. Hughes and Samantha K. Breslow
- The intent of the Internet Tax Freedom Act was to protect electronic commerce from the taxman, but has it succeeded? This webinar will focus on recent pending cases (Labell v. City of Chicago and Apple, Inc. v. City of Chicago) involving ITFA claims and proposed legislation (Digital Advertising Gross Revenues Tax) that potentially implicates ITFA.