In this session, the speakers discussed key sales and use tax developments affecting the leasing industry.
- National issues and trends in sales and use tax including: Wayfair and its (non?) impact on the leasing industry
- Are states' laws prepared to handle the sharing economy?
- State's expansion of tax base (i.e. services and sales price)
- Oregon's inching towards a true sales tax
- The latest in Louisiana
- Will the leasing industry see an increase in sale leaseback transactions?
- State approaches in treating these transactions