Designed for sales tax specialists in the corporate or consulting environment, this live workshop will offer a facilitator-presented current issue followed by an in-depth, participant-wide discussion. Participants should have an intermediate understanding of sales and use tax concepts and a basic understanding of all scheduled course topics.
The prerequisite for this 23-CPE-hour course is four years (or equivalent) sales tax experience, but no advance preparation is required. Discussion topics include:
- Product Classification: What Are You Selling and How is it Taxed?
- Managing Exemptions for Purchasers and Sellers
- How to Stay Sales Tax Compliant
- Effective Audit Defense Techniques
- How to Conduct Tax Research Projects
- Taxation of Software and the Cloud
- Update on Remote Collection, Click-Through Nexus, Affiliate Nexus, and SST
- Legislative Updates