David Ruskin, with other practitioners and policymakers, will discuss topics directly related to Illinois' Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act.
The seminar will cover:
- A brief history of Illinois legalization
- The status of the Federal and state law conflict
- Income taxation and marijuana income under IRC 280E
- Real estate and land use
- Intellectual property protection
- Cannabis-related litigation
- Investing in the industry
- "Boots on the ground" reports from license applicants/holders
- A CBD and hemp update
This seminar is geared toward attorneys and has been approved by the Illinois MCLE Board for 9.0 hours of general credit (Live Credits for In-Person Attendance & Webcast). Credits for recorded courses not available.